Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michel Greve <mi...@42.nl> on 2010/03/09 08:51:01 UTC

Passing extra parameters for messages localization

Hi,

We try to localize our application, but our localization requires more
parameters than the locale alone. We also need to pass some extra parameters
to the CMS system. like brand and some other parameters.We can pass
application wide parameters by using a decorator that implements the
ComponentMessageSource. But we also need to pass some user specific
parameters (like the brand etc).

When I try to use a SessionState in the Messages (derived class). This
session state is always null.

My questions are:
- Why is the session state always null when I put in a Messages derived
class?
- How can we pass the user specific extra parameters to the Messages derived
class?

See the attachment for our sources

Kind regards,
  Michel Greve