Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/07/03 09:48:10 UTC

Release process for R

Hello,

do we have a release process for our R frontend? I noticed the issue at [1]
and it seems like we're only publishing to an S3 bucket which is not under
Apache. Is there another channel for our users to retrieve that package or
is this our only supported official way?

Best regards,
Marco

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/10791

Re: Release process for R

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for providing insight into how R users handle the installation of
third party packages. It seems like our R package process is already
excellent and according to industry standards, thanks a lot for the
detailed explanation!

-Marco

Re: Release process for R

Posted by Tong He <he...@gmail.com>.
Besides, in the end of the front page message from CRAN at
https://cran.r-project.org/ :

" Note that we generally do not accept submissions of precompiled binaries
due to security reasons. All binary distribution listed above are compiled
by selected maintainers, who are in charge for all binaries of their
platform, respectively. "

Best regards,

Tong He

Re: Release process for R