Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by xgadkem <xg...@gad.de> on 2015/06/25 17:15:48 UTC

Enable "getRemoteAddress()" method in WebSocket Requests

The method (getRemoteAddress()) in class
"org.apache.activemq.transport.ws.AbstractStompSocket" does not return the
correct address; it returns always ""StompSocket_" + hashCode();"

We need the correct address (e.g. "wss://127.0.0.1:63114") for our use case.

The implementation whould be very simple.
In class "org.apache.activemq.transport.ws.jetty8.WSServlet" (and also in
jetty9 package) pass the address during creation of class StompSocket in the
same package:

/WebSocket socket = new CustomStompSocket("wss://" + request.getRemoteAddr()
+ ":" + request.getRemotePort());/

Can this be implemented in activeMQ 5.12?

Thanks Christian

Re: Enable "getRemoteAddress()" method in WebSocket Requests

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
I'll submit a pull request for this on Monday, seems pretty straight
forward.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

I can take care of this.  Can you create a new Jira for this issue?  This
looks like it needs to be addressed for MQTT over websockets as well.

-Chris