Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Nikhil Gs <gs...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/14 03:23:16 UTC

Fwd: Flume Error: Unable to deliver event.

Hello Apache team,

I am new to hadoop flume environment and I am currently working on flume. I
am getting an error. Below, I have posted my config file and also log error
that I am facing. Please guide me with my bug. Thanks in advance for your
help.

*flume.config.file*

# Please paste flume.conf here. Example:

# Sources, channels, and sinks are defined per
# agent name, in this case 'pnm'.
pnm.sources  = SPOOL
pnm.channels = MemChannel
pnm.sinks    = AVRO

# For each source, channel, and sink, set
# standard properties.
pnm.sources.SPOOL.type          = spooldir
pnm.sources.SPOOL.spoolDir      = /home/s_sdldalplhdxxxedh/pnm-poll-results
pnm.sources.SPOOL.channels      = MemChannel MemChannel2
pnm.sources.SPOOL.fileHeader    = true
pnm.sources.SPOOL.deletePolicy  = immediate
pnm.sources.SPOOL.consumeOrder  = oldest
pnm.sources.SPOOL.batchSize     = 1

pnm.sources.SPOOL.interceptors = time
pnm.sources.SPOOL.interceptors.time.type =
org.apache.flume.interceptor.TimestampInterceptor$Builder
pnm.sources.SPOOL.deserializer  =
com.suddenlink.flume.WholeFileDeserializer$Builder

pnm.sinks.AVRO.type         = avro
pnm.sinks.AVRO.channel      = MemChannel
pnm.sinks.AVRO.hostname = sdldalplhdw01.suddenlink.cequel3.com
pnm.sinks.AVRO.port     = 40001
pnm.sinks.AVRO.batchSize = 1

# Other properties are specific to each type of
# source, channel, or sink. In this case, we
# specify the capacity of the memory channel.

pnm.channels.MemChannel.capacity = 1000000
pnm.channels.MemChannel.type   = memory

*Log Error*

7:30:45.575 PMERRORorg.apache.flume.SinkRunner

Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: Failed to send events
	at org.apache.flume.sink.AbstractRpcSink.process(AbstractRpcSink.java:392)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
	at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: NettyAvroRpcClient
{ host: sdldalplhdw01.suddenlink.cequel3.com, port: 40001 }: Failed to
send batch
	at org.apache.flume.api.NettyAvroRpcClient.appendBatch(NettyAvroRpcClient.java:315)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.AbstractRpcSink.process(AbstractRpcSink.java:376)
	... 3 more
Caused by: org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: NettyAvroRpcClient
{ host: sdldalplhdw01.suddenlink.cequel3.com, port: 40001 }: Handshake
timed out after 20000ms
	at org.apache.flume.api.NettyAvroRpcClient.appendBatch(NettyAvroRpcClient.java:359)
	at org.apache.flume.api.NettyAvroRpcClient.appendBatch(NettyAvroRpcClient.java:303)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
	at org.apache.flume.api.NettyAvroRpcClient.appendBatch(NettyAvroRpcClient.java:357)
	... 5 more

Regards,
Nikhil
Illinois, USA.

Re: Fwd: Flume Error: Unable to deliver event.

Posted by zinhtut aung <zi...@gmail.com>.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8FzDaDG1u71IOo4Kx_mg-xWHa3Gv4L8zcBdBGMn98U/edit?usp=docslist_api

Re: Flume Error: Unable to deliver event.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
You probably want to ask people on the Flume mailing lists:

Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii