Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/16 19:21:49 UTC

DTDs and XSDs

Hi,

(As noted by a friend of mine.) Many modules in NetBeans use DTDs or XSDs
to validate XMLs. The appropriate DTDs and XSDs are available not only
inside the IDE, but also published on the web. Presumably with the recent
change to use netbeans.apache.org instead of www.netbeans.org, (some of)
these became unavailable. This can cause  problems when doing online
validation of XMLs. That may happen e.g. in tests.

As far as I can tell, these were under the "dtd" and "ns" directories under
(www.)netbeans.org.

One thing to note is that "netbeans.org" still appears to use the old
server. So:
https://netbeans.org/dtds/EditorFontsColors-1_0.dtd

still appears to work OK, while:
https://www.netbeans.org/dtds/EditorFontsColors-1_0.dtd

does not.

I think we need to publish the DTDs and XSDs again on our pages, but it
would be awesome if we could use the old server until that is done. Would a
redirect from:
https://www.netbeans.org/dtds/
to:
https://netbeans.org/dtds/

work for now? (And the same for "https://www.netbeans.org/ns/".) After we
(re-)publish the DTDs and XSDs, we could change the DNS for netbeans.org as
well?

Thanks,
    Jan

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 21:35, Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> wrote:
> Meanwhile we're collecting those missing links here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/netbeans.org+migration

I've been very out of the loop over the last couple of months because
of other work.  But was the redirect done in the way we had originally
been suggested to, with any missing resources proxying back to the
Oracle server?  If so, trying to work out why this didn't work.
Although the redirection issue looks like a different approach was
taken?

I noticed this because I've finally found some time to update
PraxisLIVE to NB11 and just got hit by the dtd issue! :-)

Best wishes,

Neil

How to correctly request activation of Feature from plugin

Posted by arsi <ar...@chello.sk>.
Hi,

I need help, in fresh installation of Apache Netbeans Java SE and Groovy
features are disabled.
I can't figure out how to correctly request their activation from my
project implementation.
I need to activate full Java support and Groovy EditorKit.

This is the last thing that I need to solve and first release of
NBANDROID-V2 for Apache Netbeans will be done..

Arsi

NBANDROID-V2 <https://github.com/NBANDROIDTEAM/NBANDROID-V2>

Re: How to correctly request activation of Feature from plugin

Posted by arsi <ar...@chello.sk>.
Hi,

And another mystery..
On a fresh installation, when I open  Android project as first.
Dynamic nodes are not updated (E.g. ChildFactory) but all methods are
called refresh(false) -> createKeys(..) -> createNodeForKey(..)
If I open a second Android project in it it already works or if I first
open a Java project.
After restarting ANB everything works..

BTW.: Java SE is activated via OpenIDE-Module-Requires:
cnb.org.netbeans.modules.java.j2seproject if someone needed it.

Posted by arsi <ar...@chello.sk>.
Hi,

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Here’s the PR:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website/pull/351

Gj

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Well, you could assume that someone wanting to use Android would have Java
and Groovy enabled already.

Or take a look at how Laszlo’s Gradle support enables Groovy, in Apache
NetBeans GitHub.

Thanks, looking forward to trying your work out. :-)

Gj

Re: Repository incubator-Netbeans

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Yes, many things need to be done still.

Gj

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Was just noticing something as I looked at the GitHub repository that it named

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans

Should this also be changed at some point to remove the incubator- as well?
https://github.com/apache/netbeans (https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans)

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 8:40 PM Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I see, so you mean that http://netbeans.apache.org is redirecting to
> https://netbeans.apache.org (i.e. http to httpS protocol), right?

Mostly, yes, but just with netbeans.org currently. See, for example, the
systemID of the DTD used here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/0f2e98d513deaedccef831ee9cfc08d09f3650b6/ide/languages.manifest/src/org/netbeans/modules/languages/manifest/DefaultPreferences.xml
it is:
http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/EditorPreferences-1_0.dtd

And doing wget http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/EditorPreferences-1_0.dtd
currently shows (for me) a redirect to:
http://netbeans.org/dtds/EditorPreferences-1_0.dtd
and then to:
https://netbeans.org/dtds/EditorPreferences-1_0.dtd

And IIRC java.net.URL won't follow the redirect from http to https, which
would explain why the online resolution fails.

> AFAIK all ASF servers will do that redirection, from plain http to
> https, so it's probably a good idea to have the DTDs in-place.
>
> Another option would be to add _all_ DTDs to a well-known directory in
> our build structure, and use the existing catalog.xml file there to
> resolve them for all modules.

Not sure I understand here. The DTDs are (hopefully all) in the repository.
For example:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/0f2e98d513deaedccef831ee9cfc08d09f3650b6/ide/editor.settings.lib/src/org/netbeans/modules/editor/settings/storage/preferences/EditorPreferences-1_0.dtd

They are even (hopefully) registered in the respective XML layers. The
reason why the system IDs are used instead of using the local copies is
that many tests run without module system, so they don't see the
registration. (Which, frankly, should be solveable as well, if one would
try hard enough.)

Jan

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi there,

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
This is here too for extra reference; a couple Jira issues were setup for it too; in case anything in there helps:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/New+NetBeans+Web+Site+Planning#NewNetBeansWebSitePlanning-RelocateDTDsandNS(XMLSchemas) <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/New+NetBeans+Web+Site+Planning#NewNetBeansWebSitePlanning-RelocateDTDsandNS(XMLSchemas)>

Re: DTDs and XSDs

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
dtds here too

Re: DTDs and XSDs