Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matt Meola <ma...@vericept.com> on 2005/08/05 22:10:31 UTC

Re: [M1] Reducing the Tight Coupling of Plugin Property Values to Improve Reuse

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 14:01 -0400, Andy Glick wrote:

> I have thought about doing such a rewrite a number of times,
> I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and do it in the next
> couple of weeks. If anyone has any specific requirements that
> they would like to see addressed, please reply to this post and
> I will do my best.

It would be REALLY nice if the code-coverage plugins would permit the
JUnit test results to be aggregated at the same time.  That way, we
would not have to run the unit tests twice.

It seems to me that such could be accomplished if the
junit-report-plugin could be decoupled from the test:test goal.

Perhaps I, too, need to bite the bullet...

--
Matt Meola
Contractor

Re: [M1] Reducing the Tight Coupling of Plugin Property Values to Improve Reuse

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/6/05, Matt Meola <ma...@vericept.com> wrote:
> It would be REALLY nice if the code-coverage plugins would permit the
> JUnit test results to be aggregated at the same time.  That way, we
> would not have to run the unit tests twice.
>
> It seems to me that such could be accomplished if the
> junit-report-plugin could be decoupled from the test:test goal.
>
> Perhaps I, too, need to bite the bullet...

The issue here is not that the junit results are coupled, but that the
tests must be run on modified code (byte-code enhanced, or from
different source generated) to generate the appropriate coverage data.
The junit results are not used in the coverage report.

- Brett