Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2001/08/02 06:58:42 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/method AbstractMultistatusResponseMethod.java AclMethod.java CopyMethod.java DeleteMethod.java GetMethod.java HeadMethod.java LockMethod.java MkcolMethod.java MoveMethod.java OptionsMe

> cmlenz      01/08/01 09:30:59
>
>   Modified:    src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav
WebdavServlet.java
>                src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/method
>                         AbstractMultistatusResponseMethod.java
>                         AclMethod.java CopyMethod.java DeleteMethod.java
>                         GetMethod.java HeadMethod.java LockMethod.java
>                         MkcolMethod.java MoveMethod.java
OptionsMethod.java
>                         PostMethod.java PropFindMethod.java
>                         PropPatchMethod.java PutMethod.java
>                         UnlockMethod.java WebdavMethod.java
>   Added:       src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav
>                         WebdavServletConfig.java
>   Log:
>   - Added a WebdavServletConfig class that wraps around ServletConfig and
>     provides convenient access to configuration parameters (like depth
limit)
>   - Changed WebdavMethod and subclasses to accept a WebdavServletConfig
>     object in their constructor instead of GenericServlet and
ServletContext,
>     and use the config when required
>   - Changed WebdavServlet to create the WevdavServletConfig and pass it to
>     the constructors of the various WebdavMethod subclasses
>   - You can now use the 'default-mime-type' init-parameter to define which
>     MIME type will be used if clients don't provide the ContentType header
>     (but the default default MIME type should probably be
>     'application/octet-stream' instead of 'text/plain')

Didn't try it yet, but that looks good.
I would suggest the default content-type to be binary too. It looks a lot
safer ... Otherwise, HTTP browsers will attempt to display the resource.

Remy