Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2014/09/22 12:52:08 UTC

update zones via property set or events triggers

If I have a child component that performs a select type function that requires to be rerendered to show the selected item as well as notify a sibling component of the change should I:

1) trigger an event and handle it in the container to rerender?

2) as the currently selected item is passed as a parameter to both siblings, update the bound parameter and maybe catch the change with a set method and rerender the containing zone?

Assuming 2 is technically feasible, then how?

regards,
John

---

Re: update zones via property set or events triggers

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Have you seen this jumpstart example?
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/ajax/select1

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM, John <jo...@quivinco.com> wrote:

> If I have a child component that performs a select type function that
> requires to be rerendered to show the selected item as well as notify a
> sibling component of the change should I:
>
> 1) trigger an event and handle it in the container to rerender?
>
> 2) as the currently selected item is passed as a parameter to both
> method and rerender the containing zone?
>
> Assuming 2 is technically feasible, then how?
>
> regards,
> John
>
> ---
> protection is active.