Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/04 00:25:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 release.

The commit id is d39fad00b7dded98121368309f381473ec21e85f
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc4
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc4 <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc4>
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/d39fad00b7dded98121368309f381473ec21e85f <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/d39fad00b7dded98121368309f381473ec21e85f>

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc4/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc4/>

You can find the KEYS file here (make sure to import the new key that was used to sign the release):
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS>

Convenience binary artifacts are staged in Nexus. The Maven repository URL is:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1012 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1012>

This release includes important changes:

* Flink support
* Hive read support
* ORC support fixes and improvements
* Application of row-level delete files on read
* Snapshot partition summary
* Ability to load LocationProvider dynamically
* Sort spec

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Iceberg 0.10.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because…

Thanks,
Anton

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
I'm changing my vote to -1 because I think we should get #1730
<https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/1730> fixed. This is a problem with
row-level deletes so it doesn't affect v1 tables, but I think we want
people to start building on top of 0.10.0 for v2 tables, so I think we
should release with the fix.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Posted by Daniel Weeks <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Verified the RC locally.

- Anton

Posted by Edgar Rodriguez <ed...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

--
Edgar R

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Posted by Mass Dosage <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 0.10.0 RC4.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
+1

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC4

Posted by Shardul Mahadik <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

1. Download the source tarball, signature (.asc), and checksum (.sha512): OK
2. Import gpg keys: download KEYS and run gpg --import /path/to/downloaded/KEYS (optional if this hasn’t changed) :  OK
3. Verify the signature by running: gpg --verify apache-iceberg-xx.tar.gz.asc:  I got a warning "gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner." but it passed
4. Verify the checksum by running: sha512sum -c apache-iceberg-xx.tar.gz.sha512 :  OK
5. Untar the archive and go into the source directory: tar xzf apache-iceberg-xx.tar.gz && cd apache-iceberg-xx:  OK
6. Run RAT checks to validate license headers: dev/check-license: OK
7. Build and test the project: ./gradlew build (use Java 8 & Java 11) :   OK

- Shardul

Posted by Ryan Murray <ry...@dremio.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.