Posted to users@solr.apache.org by mtn search <se...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/14 17:12:37 UTC

docValues question

Hello,

If the dest field of a copyField action has docValues=true, does that
require the source field to also have docValues turned on?

Found this config in our historical Solr 6 schema and wondered if it is
valid:
<field name="sortableSender" type="icuCollationDefault" indexed="true"
stored="true" multiValued="false" required="false" docValues="false" />

<field name="returnableSender" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false" required="false" docValues="true" />

<copyField source="sortableSender" dest="returnableSender" />

Thanks, Matt

Re: docValues question

Posted by ufuk yılmaz <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID>.
Raw unanalyzed-untokenized form of the source value is passed to the target

—ufuk yilmaz

Re: docValues question

Posted by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com>.