Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Stewart, John" <jo...@artesyncp.com> on 2005/05/12 17:35:26 UTC

RE: [SPAM-TAG] RE: SpamCopURI not working, was RE: More Messed Up www URLs

> Your configuration and installation are fine.  multi.surbl.org is
> the only list that should be checked, as it's the combined list
> with all other SURBL lists included:
>
>   http://www.surbl.org/lists.html#multi

Aha! I think I've found the problem. The behaviour for SpamCopURI must have
changed between 0.14 and 0.25. I suspect that with the new version, it moved
to using the multi server instead of querying them individually.

It's a very cool DNS hack... however, it appears to be a problem with our
forwarding nameserver. We've got a firewall box which also is our external
DNS server, and forwarding nameserver for our internal boxes (of which our
SA box is one).

So, when querying achat-montre-rolex.net.ob.surbl.org, it gets 127.0.0.2
just fine.

However, when querying achat-montre-rolex.net.multi.surbl.org, the firewall
appears to decide that the answer is within a zone it has authority over,
and rejects it (returning NXDOMAIN to the internal DNS servers).

I'm going to look into figuring out how to allow these queries through
properly; I'm sure that's the problem.

thank you!

johnS