Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Daniel Blake <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/04 11:32:39 UTC

Axis2/C simple HTTP(S) server

Hi,

I'm implementing a web service (server side) and wanted to know if the
axis2/c simple HTTP server supports HTTPS?

I haven't been able to find anything that says it can't, but the only
information I have found for HTTPS on the server side seems to talk
about deploying a full Apache web server.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

 PS. I'm new to Axis2/C and am using 1.6.0 at present. Have gotten a
service & client working using HTTP already, with the axis2_http_server.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel Blake

Re: Axis2/C simple HTTP(S) server

Posted by Daniel Blake <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I'll look into whether axis2c-unofficial has a simple server with
SSL support, otherwise will look into deploying with a full Apache server
if necessary (but would rather keep things simpler than that).

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Simple axis server does not support https.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Emanuele Benedetti <be...@mclink.it>.
Hi

For what I remember the simple server doesn't support SSL.

So you need to deploy the full Apache web server.

Anyway, the simple server is only recommended for testing purpose. For
production environment Apache is more secure and reliable.

--
Saluti
Emanuele