Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Bender Heri <hb...@ergonomics.ch> on 2010/11/25 15:33:49 UTC

RE: [SCL-4] Intercepting LoggingEvent

Write your own Renderer derivation which you can specify in xml configuration (assign to your specific class, see below).
The Trick is that you pass a custom object to the log calls (the param need not to be a String, it is formally an object):
      MySpecificLogInfoHolder infos = new MySpecificLogInfoHolder()
      myLog.info( infos );
When the log4j framework comes to render (after having checked the levels etc.) it calls your custom renderer where you can render the output string as you like.
Heri

Posted by Bender Heri <hb...@ergonomics.ch>.
Depends on the implementation of your renderer.
The renderer is called only after log4j framework has decided that a logoutput will really occur, means that all checks on log levels of logger and appenders are already executed.
Heri

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
You're right, this is a part of the Receivers companion that is not yet
officially released (that will be remedied hopefully very very soon).  you
can pull the source down and build it using maven.

Scott

Posted by "Mohan.Radhakrishnan" <mo...@fss.co.in>.
@Heri

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Look at RewriteAppender. I think you
May be able to do what you need with that and a custom RewritePolicy.

Scott