Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Peter Svensson <pe...@aus.teleca.se> on 2003/05/07 14:56:05 UTC

Return-Path not set in James?

Hi.

I'm having a problem with the James mail server.
I'm trying to send a mail to an adress and when doing this I'm setting the
Return-Path header (using the setEnvelopeAddress in SMTPMessage in
JavaMail).
When James fails to deliver the message to the recipient it should bounce
the message to the Return-Path, but instead I get a warning in the James log
that says:

07/05/03 14:39:49 WARN  James: Mail to be bounced does not contain a
Return-Path header.

Looking at the message that bounces (it sends it to the FROM address on the
message instead) I can clearly see that the Return-Path header is set:

Looking at the code it seems that James does the real thing when it tries to
retrieve the returnpath, but it might be that when the SMTP server receives
the message it doesn't set the return-path header in the first place?

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,

Peter Svensson
Consultant at Telia Internet Services
System Developer

Teleca AU-SYSTEM AB

Phone: +46 (0) 31 740 80 00
Cellular: +46 (0) 702 67 94 10
E-Mail: peter.svensson@aus.teleca.se
<http://www.teleca.se <http://www.teleca.se> >

RE: Return-Path not set in James?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I get a warning in the James log that says:
> Mail to be bounced does not contain a Return-Path header.

Bug in the code.  Fixed in CVS.  Thanks for the report.

	--- Noel

RE: Return-Path not set in James?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.