Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/21 02:29:20 UTC

Bug parade for shared-1.0.0-M4

Hi guys,

today I ran a bug parade, postponed many issues, fixed some others, in
order to be ready to cut a shared-1.0.0-M4 release.

I think we can get it done at the begenning of next week. What will be
inside are really major changes in the operations API, and in the way we
handle OSGi (Felix has been removed from the API)

This is crucial to have this milestone out fast, because we can't go on
with the documentation with the 1.0.0-M3 release.

Once 1.0.0-M4 is out, we can move forward and get a 1.0.0-M5 out quite
fast too, as we have now fixed most of the bugs. In any case, we should
*not* limit ourselves to a number of milestones, if we have to get a
1.0.0-M8 out, then be it. However, looking at the issue list, I feel
like we are not far from getting the 1.0.0-RC1 out (but it's just a
feeling).

I'll probably continue next week, this week-end i'll more likely to be
MIA, looking for some rest.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Bug parade for shared-1.0.0-M4

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/11 2:26 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Sounds pretty good to me.
>
> One milestone I'd like to happen very fast is one in which we rename packages to their final naming, switching the old org.apache.directory.shared.* prefix to something more appropriate for the api.
>
> The longer we wait to do this, the more difficult it will be for users when we actually make the switch.
Sure. I just wanted to clarify the current code before doing such a move.
> Maybe 1.0.0-M5...
Definitively.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Sounds pretty good to me.

One milestone I'd like to happen very fast is one in which we rename packages to their final naming, switching the old org.apache.directory.shared.* prefix to something more appropriate for the api.

The longer we wait to do this, the more difficult it will be for users when we actually make the switch.

Maybe 1.0.0-M5...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud