Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by mark_balmer <ma...@moodinternational.com> on 2017/01/04 12:12:11 UTC

Invalid message type: -84 error

I'm evaluating Ignite and am currently the exception Inavlid Message type:
-84 when the topology changes on the Ignite cluster. I'm using the
default-config.xml on Ignite version 1.7. Ive setup 2 servers to each have
an ignite server node on them, and the nodes are "seeing" each other (after
a very large exception message is shown in the console, see below exception
message).

The other time I get this message is by running the example "Hello World"
java code. Again, the code does actually run fine and return the Hello World
from the cache, however it takes a very long time to connect the Ignite
cluster (approx. 30 secs) and I get the same huge list of exceptions (as
below) and then the cache returns the correct results.

Can anyone help me with this as I dont have a clue why its happenning?

Exception messages:

[12:01:17,551][SEVERE][grid-nio-worker-0-#37%null%][TcpCommunicationSpi]
Closing NIO session because of unhandled exception.
class org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioException: Invalid message
type: -84
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.processSelectedKeysOptimized(GridNioServer.java:1595)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.bodyInternal(GridNioServer.java:1516)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.body(GridNioServer.java:1289)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Invalid message type:
-84
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoMessageFactory.create(GridIoMessageFactory.java:775)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.communication.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi$5.create(TcpCommunicationSpi.java:1614)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridDirectParser.decode(GridDirectParser.java:76)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioCodecFilter.onMessageReceived(GridNioCodecFilter.java:104)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterAdapter.proceedMessageReceived(GridNioFilterAdapter.java:107)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridConnectionBytesVerifyFilter.onMessageReceived(GridConnectionBytesVerifyFilter.java:113)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterAdapter.proceedMessageReceived(GridNioFilterAdapter.java:107)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$HeadFilter.onMessageReceived(GridNioServer.java:2332)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterChain.onMessageReceived(GridNioFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$DirectNioClientWorker.processRead(GridNioServer.java:918)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.processSelectedKeysOptimized(GridNioServer.java:1583)

Re: Invalid message type: -84 error

Posted by mark_balmer <ma...@moodinternational.com>.
Nikolai, thanks for the response, i've corrected those two points and the
issues are resolved :)

Thanks

Re: Invalid message type: -84 error

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
I see that ports from 47100 to 47109 enlisted in ip finder. By default the
addresses used by CommunicationSpi. Could you leave only one port range?

                        <property name="addresses">
                            <list>
                                <value>192.168.10.231:47500..47509</value>
                            </list>
                        </property>

>  However, it still takes a very long time to connect.

It's related with windows specific. Long waiting when trying to connect to
the vacant port. For avoiding it need to decrease port range. Also if you
start node under powershell could you set java.encoding (-Dfile.encoding=UTF
-8

Posted by mark_balmer <ma...@moodinternational.com>.
As mentioned I have two physical windows servers (server1 and server2), each
is running Ignite by using the Ignite.bat file. Each is using the
default-config.xml setup. Although on server2 the default-config.xml has got
the following TcpDiscoverySpi properties set so that it can "see" the ignite
node running on server1:

       xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
        <property name="discoverySpi">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
                <property name="ipFinder">
                    <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">
                        <property name="addresses">
                            <list>
                                <value>192.168.10.231:47100..47109</value>
                                <value>192.168.10.231:47500..47509</value>
                            </list>
                        </property>
                    </bean>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

Here is the Java example code I'm running:

    public static void main(String[] args) throws IgniteException {
        try(Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("config.xml")) {
            IgniteCache<Integer,String> cache =
ignite.getOrCreateCache("EdgeCache");

            cache.put(1,"Hello");
            cache.put(2, "World");

            System.out.println(cache.get(1));
            System.out.println(cache.get(2));

            ignite.close();
        }

        Ignition.stop(true);
    }

When this runs it takes ~30secs or so to connect and produces the exception
as detailed (several pages worth of it), then returns the Hello World
strings from the cache.

Re: Invalid message type: -84 error

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Could you provide reproducible example?

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 3:12 PM, mark_balmer <