Posted to user@spark.apache.org by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/19 10:02:46 UTC

rsync problem

Hi,

I'd made some modifications to  the spark source code in the master and
reflected them to the slaves using rsync.

I followed this command:
rsync -avL --progress path/to/spark-1.0.0  username@destinationhostname
:path/to/destdirectory.

This worked perfectly. But, I wanted to simultaneously rsync all the
slaves. So, added the other slaves as following:

rsync -avL --progress path/to/spark-1.0.0  username@destinationhostname
:path/to/destdirectory username@slave2:path username@slave3:path and so on.

But this didn't work. Anyway, for now, I did it individually for each node.

Can someone give me the right syntax.

Secondly, after this rsync, I find that my cluster has become tremendously
slow!!!
Sometimes the cluster is just shutting down. Job execution is not happening.

Can someone throw some light on this aspect.

thank you
Karthik

Re: rsync problem

Posted by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is the command I am using for submitting my application, SimpleApp:

./bin/spark-submit --class org.apache.spark.examples.SimpleApp
--deploy-mode client --master spark://karthik:7077
$SPARK_HOME/examples/*/scala-*/spark-examples-*.jar /text-data

Re: rsync problem

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

Re: rsync problem

Posted by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: rsync problem

Posted by Soumya Simanta <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: rsync problem

Posted by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: rsync problem

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

Fwd: rsync problem

Posted by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com>.
any idea why the cluster is dying down???

Re: rsync problem

Posted by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com>.
,

Re: rsync problem