Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Hong Jeon <hj...@cornell.edu> on 2015/07/22 20:42:52 UTC

Builtin metrics details

Hi,

Every "topology.builtin.metrics.bucket.size.secs," each component in my
topology is sending builtin metrics to a metrics consumer (as expected).
However, I am confused about some of the data that I am receiving.

For example, one DataPoint object I receive has a name of "__emit-count"
and a value (map) of {"default" : 980, "__system": 20}.

How do I figure out what the meaning of "__system" key is? or even the
meaning of "default" key.

Re: Builtin metrics details

Posted by John Reilly <jr...@inconspicuous.org>.
They are the streamIds for the streams that the bolt is emitting to.

http://storm.apache.org/javadoc/apidocs/backtype/storm/topology/InputDeclarer.html

If you do not specify a stream to emit to, you will be using default.
 "__system" is a storm internal stream.