Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Bruce Packer <br...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/28 23:48:37 UTC

Re: When I use Ignite create table ddl,can I set the db schema instead of the schema name "PUBLIC"?

All,

I need to create a custom schema and then use SQL to create tables in that
schema. The 2.7 docs imply I can.  Is this now possible?  If so, how?  I
have spent many hours trying.

Questions:
    How do I create a custom schema?
         I attempted to add the custom schemas to the xml and it said I
couldn't because PUBLIC has already been defined.
    What is the Ignite JDBC property to specify the custom schema?
         I then need to add JDBC parameters to use the custom schema from a
JDBC client. Is it SCHEMA=...?  CACHE_NAME=...?

Thanks,

Bruce

Re: When I use Ignite create table ddl,can I set the db schema instead of the schema name "PUBLIC"?

Posted by "kcheng.mvp" <kc...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much! That's really what I want! Hope it will be released in
2.8.

Re: When I use Ignite create table ddl,can I set the db schema instead of the schema name "PUBLIC"?

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I guess you could watch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5780

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

When using CacheConfiguration
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/indexes#queryentity-based-configuration>
you can specify schema. Not sure it is possible for CREATE TABLE.

Ilya Kasnacheev