Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ertel, Jason" <Ja...@divine.com> on 2002/07/11 22:02:22 UTC

After Undeployment, Unable to Delete WEB-INF/lib/*.jars

Hello,

I'm noticing a peculiar behavior of Tomcat 4.0.4:  After undeploying a
webapp, I cannot remove the libs that were part of the webapp (inside
the webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib folder).  For example, I deployed my lib
using the http://.../manager/install URI and deployed it from a
directory rather than a WAR:

http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/test&war=file:c:/dev/webapp

Inside of this folder there exist serveral jars:

C:/dev/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/log.jar
C:/dev/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar
...etc.

Once the webapp is deploy, used, and then undeployed, I cannot remove
these libs.  I would like to remove them because I am updating the libs
as part of my development and need to redeploy my webapp with the newer
jars.

Has anyone else noticed this?  If so, is this a bug or a limitation of
classloading (and unloading) of Java?  If not, could there be something
I'm doing wrong on my server?

Thanks in advance,

Jason