Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by il...@kodak.com on 2001/12/13 23:57:49 UTC

Apache SOAP 2.2 on WLS 6.1 SAXParsing error...

From: Ilya V Lipkind

Hello guys,

I have installed Apache SOAP v2.2 toolkit on top of WLS 6.1 following the
advise in
http://xml.apache.org/soap/faq/faq-for-WL6.1beta.html
So far, everything was working fine including examples, till I start to
pass as SOAP method parameters, relatively big XML documents (85 KB).
Smaller documents work fine.

I'm getting follow exception :
parsing error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
preceding the root element must be well-formed.

Weblogic catch the exception and print follow message :

<Dec 13, 2001 1:32:00 PM PST> <Error> <XML> <Failed to open XML document. Failed
 to retrieve PUBLIC id or SYSTEM id from the document. Decrease the number of ch
ar between the beginning of the document and its root element.>

I tried to pass XML document as org.w3c.dom.Element using Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML encoding
and as a String using Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC encoding. In both cases bigger document failed, but smaller
works fine. The failure huppen inside Apache SOAP toolkit during parsing SOAP message, before my code get called.
TcpTunnelGui  show valid SOAP request.

All XML documents are well formatted and successfully parsed using Apache Xerces and JDOM parsers.

Configuration : NT sp 6, WLS 6.1 sp1, SOAP Apache 2.2, Xerces 1.4.3

Also, I would appreciate any help in debugging SOAP toolkit. Additional log messages in RPCRouterServlet.java doesn't
do any good, because WLS catch the exception. I'm planning to use SAXExceptionHandler for viewing the stack trace.
Any ideas would be welcome.

Ilya

RE: Apache SOAP 2.2 on WLS 6.1 SAXParsing error...

Posted by Marcin Kucieba <Ma...@onet.pl>.
I had the same problem.
Try to set XML registry in WLS (I advice to set Xerces parser).
I shoud by it but I'm not sure ( It was some time long ago, ad I had many
other problems with XML in WLS and in SOAP - like encoding ;)

Posted by Marcin Kucieba <Ma...@onet.pl>.
I had the same problem.