Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/11/10 16:30:16 UTC

Custom Global Repository Out of Memory Error

Hi,

I'm using Maven 1.1 beta 2, and have a custom global repository on Tomcat
5.5.4. For Tomcat to publish the global repository files it uses a symbolic
link.

I'm finding that when I use the custom global repository to download
dependencies, a lot of the time I get out of memory errors. I've increased
the amount of memory given to Tomcat by specifying JAVA_OPTS to be "-Xmn64m
-Xms256m -Xmx1024m" in catalina.sh. On the server I also have AntHill Pro
running.

The errors are connected when downloading repository files by Maven due to
keeping tracks on things and not having problems when only AntHill Pro is
installed. Not sure if it is a Maven downloading problem or Tomcat problem.
Anybody got an idea what a solution could be, be it a Maven or Tomcat
problem? :)

Cheers

Mike

Re: Custom Global Repository Out of Memory Error

Posted by Eduardo Rocha <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael Owen!

Have you lost interest in football after leaving Real Madrid or are
you sharing your time developing and playing in Newcastle United?

PS.: sorry the off topic :)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I'm biased, but I can't see how this is a Maven problem - it is just
doing normal HTTP requests.

- Brett