Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/05 11:47:02 UTC

ServiceMix bundles and maven-jarsigner-plugin

Hi all,

For issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1000 I had to use the
maven-jarsigner-plugin.

The use of this plugin requires some short of maven configuration similar
to the one we already use for gpg maven plugin.
So I thought it would be a good idea to inform you about these settings.
First it requires to you to create a keystore from your shell:

keytool -genkeypair -alias <alias> -keyalg RSA -keystore
<path/to/the/keystore>

Then it requires to update your maven settings.xml and add the following
properties under the profile you use for building/releasing:

          <keystore>/path/to/the/keystore</keystore>
          <alias>Alias name</alias>
          <storepass>Store password</storepass>
          <keypass>Key password</keypass>

Note: this is not something just required for releasing of the artifact
(but for properly building it) and so the sign phase will be executed by
all profiles.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*