Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/06/08 18:57:28 UTC

Easy way to build Cocoon on MacOS

Dear All,

I have finally managed to compile Cocoon on MacOS :)
I was always been a bit reluctant to try before, I've found it quite
confusing in the past working out how to compile Win/Unix projects on the
Mac.

Anyway it turns out to be very easy, I thought I'd send the instructions
and someone might like to update the docs with them, or suggest how I can.

Requirements

MacOS MRJ 2.2
MacOS MRJ SDK 2.2

1. make a text file called "BuildCocoon.properties", put the following
lines inside and save it to the top level of your Cocoon folder. (Please
note, the text starting with "com.apple.mrj.application.classpath" and
ending in "$BOOTCLASSPATH" should be a single line with no whitespace)

# properties file for using "Ant" to build "Cocoon" using MRJAppBuilder
com.apple.mrj.application.main = org.apache.tools.ant.Main
com.apple.mrj.application.classpath =
lib/ant.jar:lib/xerces_1_0_3.jar:lib/xalan_1_0_1.jar:lib/fop_0_12_1.jar:lib/servlet_2_2.jar:$BOOTCLASSPATH
# end

2. Launch MRJAppBuilder that comes with MRJ SDK.
3. Save an Application called "BuildCocoon" also in the Cocoon folder.
4. Launch BuildCocoon.

That is it!

hope this helps

Jeremy