Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by burak sarac <bu...@linux.com> on 2015/03/10 12:55:56 UTC

Neural network contribution

Hello all,
 Few months ago I have completed a small Neural Network application for
study. I just met Mahout and I liked! I was also looking for Neural Network
implementation to compare my implementation and couldnt find any. If I am
not wrong is there any chance I can contribute with my project? With Andrew
NG samples 5000 digit calculates in 400 ms on single core and 40 ms my 8
core machine and 20 ms gpu. (Each iteration mostly does 1 calculation) I
have used Fmincg implementation in C for optimization. At least you can do
maybe code review for me? I will appreciate any feedback! Implementation in
C. There is also more features which I didnt commit yet (improved feature
scaling, using different hiddenlayer sizes per layer etc...)

project here: https://github.com/buraksarac/NeuralNetwork
<https://github.com/buraksarac/NeuralNetwork>

main logic here :
https://github.com/buraksarac/NeuralNetwork/blob/master/src/NeuralNetwork.cpp

Thank you for your time!

p.s. I have tried to send few emails I hope I didnt flood

Burak Sarac

Re: Neural network contribution

Posted by burak sarac <bu...@linux.com>.
Thank you for your quick feedback Ted. I will give a shot!

Have a nice day
Burak

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Burak,