Posted to user@pig.apache.org by "krokodil@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/17 02:59:32 UTC

arrange?

I've seen keyword 'arrange' mentioned in an error message:

Was expecting one of:
    "filter" ...
    "order" ...
    "arrange" ...
    "distinct" ...
    "limit" ...

but I could not find any mention of it in documentation. I have
skipped few versions of PIG (since 0.3.0:). Is it something new?

Vadim

RE: arrange?

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
This is leftover from some old functionality. Parser needs to be
cleaned.

Olga

Posted by Rekha Joshi <re...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You are right, I havent used keyword 'arrange' explicitly ever..however..

The way this error is created is out of ParseException handling mechanism and the operators listed are those that could have possibly worked.
These operators have direct correspondence with the PO*.java relationalOperators under the physicalPlan.So you have the POFilter, POLimit, PODistinct.,etc
For 'arrange', the PO class would be the POLocalRearrange, which is a part of cogroup implementation.

Cheers,
/