Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Nipur Patodi <er...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 20:47:39 UTC

Multiple output from crunch

Hi All,

I am very new to crunch.

I am trying to read data from csv file using MR pipelines. I need to
convert and  bucketize this data on the bases of time stamp which is a
field in csv.  I need to write data per timestamp in to single file.

This scenario is equivalent to writing values (record) per key (which is
time stamp) to different file.

I can achieve this using multiple output format in mapreduce.

Do we have any equivalent concept or design pattern to achieve same
behavior using crunch?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

_Nipur

Re: Multiple output from crunch

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Not right now, no. Is the intent that the output here will go into Hive
partitions?

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: Multiple output from crunch

Posted by Nipur Patodi <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Much Josh,

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Nipur,

AvroPathPerKeyTarget is the closest thing to what you want; you can use it
on a PTable<String, T> collection, where T is any type that Avro supports.
It will write multiple output files to a common base directory where the
name of the file depends on the value of the String key in the PTable.

Josh