Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2003/12/14 14:58:11 UTC

Re: Epoz integration patches pending...

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 11:08, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> > > very cool :-) If you send the patches, then I can review and apply them.
>
> Now, css works for file being edited.
> I have attached a new set of patched files. Completey forget the old
> sent files.
>
> Have fun and Enjoy XHTML wysiwyg editing with Epoz.
>

> Many thanks to the Epoz community for that great tool.
>
> TODO:
>
> - Rewrite css files used by Epoz in an xslt. Implement that with
> fallback functionality, in order to get different Epoz L&F per pub.

Now each pub can override the epoz css and screen generation. I used the
FallbackModule, which is quite comfortable. One problem with that module
might be, that one can't use it for a *client side* fallback i.e. when
requesting a .css file. The FallbackModule is not taking care of paths
like resources/css/mystyle.css. The requested URI in this case has to be
css/mystyle.css therefor the FallbackModule should return
css/mystyle.css or pub/css/mystyle.css.

However here are the patched and added files again (ZIP):

lenya/lenya/usecase.xmap
lenya/lenya/resouces/misc/epoz/epozmacros.html
lenya/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/epoz/epozcontent-xhtml.xsl
lenya/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/epoz/epozsave-xhtml.xsl
lenya/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/epoz/epozmacros-xhtml.xsl
lenya/lenya/resources/css/epozcustom.css

and in publication space:

lenya/default/lenyaxslt/authoring/edit/epoz/epozmacros-xhtml.xsl
lenya/default/resources/css/epozcustom.css

Also attached is a screenshot of the Epoz edit screen, so that the
interested can get an impression, but note: I'm no artist. May someone
else contribute an *ass kickin'* css :)

I hope this gets comitted soon :)

ToDo:

	- Do some css classes for table layouts like predefined by Epoz.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Finagle's First Law:
	If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: Epoz integration patches pending...

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 11:43, Jann Forrer wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> [...]
> I didnt understand the whole thread!

I'm very sorry for my really bad english! Lets try again.

> Therefoe I have a, probably stupid,
> question. The fallback
>
>   {fallback:/css/myfile.css}
>
> would return "/lenya/css/myfile.css" or "/lenya/[pub]/css/myfile.css".
> Why do you want to use {fallback:/link/css/myfile.css} instead?

That was only one suggestion to indicate the FallbackModule that I use
the path for the *outside of lenya world*. Should mean :/link/...
indicates to prepare the returned path for use in a link tag for
example. But as I said, I prefer the following solution:

> > Another solution could be to define another input module which is just a
> > special FallbackModule configuration like it is done with the
> > linkrewriter(ext:, site:, etc.) in Forrest. So you can use
> > {resource:resources/css/myfile.css} !!corrected!!

which returns lenya/css/myfile.css  or lenya/[pub]/css/myfile.css,
but not lenya/resources/css/myfile.css  or
lenya/[pub]/resources/css/myfile.css, because this would not work.

Another Idea is to change the matchers in appropiate pipelines.

> > [...]

Is there somebody out there who understands what I mean?

--
</RolfKulemann>

Always remember:
	"There is inherently no silver bullet." - F.Brooks

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

[...]

> I use a <link ...> tag to define a stylesheet in an html/xml page send
> to a browser. I want to check if a stylesheet ios available in pub space
> and if so I use that one.
>
> The problem is I cant use the path returned by the fallback module as
> is.
>
> So I started thinking of a general solution for that problem. Of course
> I do not want to break contracts.
>
> Here is another thought:
>
> What do you think of scheming the fallback module like:
>
> {fallback:/link/css/myfile.css}
>
> which returns "/lenya/css/myfile.css" or "/lenya/[pub]/css/myfile.css"

I didnt understand the whole thread! Therefoe I have a, probably stupid,
question. The fallback

  {fallback:/css/myfile.css}

would return "/lenya/css/myfile.css" or "/lenya/[pub]/css/myfile.css".
Why do you want to use {fallback:/link/css/myfile.css} instead?

> Another solution could be to define another input module which is just a
> special FallbackModule configuration like it is done with the
> linkrewriter(ext:, site:, etc.) in Forrest. So you can use
> {resource:css/myfile.css}

Would that mean that you similar functionality as defined in the
fallback module:
lenya/[pub]/lenya/xslt/xy --> lenya/xslt/xy)
but for the resources e.g.
lenya/[pub]/resources/css/myfile.css --> lenya/resources/css/myfile.css ?

> I could also image to solve that prob with an action simliar to what
> Jann did. An action my case is not that comfortable. I would prefer the
> configuration of the FallbackModule.

I had the Problem that sitemap parameters can not be nested in module
calls as e.g.
<map:read src="{unizh:root-pub/resources/{1}.gif}"

Jann

Jann Forrer
Informatikdienste
Universität Zürich
Winterthurerstr. 190
CH-8057 Zuerich

oooO   mail:  jann.forrer@id.unizh.ch
(  )   phone: +41 1 63 56772
 \ (   fax:   +41 1 63 54505
  \_)  http://www.id.unizh.ch

Re: Epoz integration patches pending...

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 11:16, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> [...]
> >
> > I could imagine an overriding function for files requested by the client
> > i.e. a web browser.
> >
> > With the FallbackModule I can i.e. check for resources/css/style.css,
> > but I can't send the path returned by the client for insertion in a html
> > file or so, because it must remove the "resources" part of the path.
>
> OK, now I see what you mean.
>
> > Client needs to request the css via /lenya/default/live/css/style.css,
> > thus the path returned by the FallbackModule is not the path to be used
> > in a <link> tag.
>
> Why do you want to use a path which is returned by the
> fallback module inside a link? The fallback module supports
> mapping a requested URL (which is always the same) to
> different files ...

I use a <link ...> tag to define a stylesheet in an html/xml page send
to a browser. I want to check if a stylesheet ios available in pub space
and if so I use that one.

The problem is I cant use the path returned by the fallback module as
is.

So I started thinking of a general solution for that problem. Of course
I do not want to break contracts.

Here is another thought:

What do you think of scheming the fallback module like:

{fallback:/link/css/myfile.css}

which returns "/lenya/css/myfile.css" or "/lenya/[pub]/css/myfile.css"

Another solution could be to define another input module which is just a
special FallbackModule configuration like it is done with the
linkrewriter(ext:, site:, etc.) in Forrest. So you can use
{resource:css/myfile.css}

I could also image to solve that prob with an action simliar to what
Jann did. An action my case is not that comfortable. I would prefer the
configuration of the FallbackModule.

Comments are welcome.

--
Rolf Kulemann

All I ask of life is a constant and exaggerated sense of my own
importance.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

[...]
> I could imagine an overriding function for files requested by the client
> i.e. a web browser.
>
> With the FallbackModule I can i.e. check for resources/css/style.css,
> but I can't send the path returned by the client for insertion in a html
> file or so, because it must remove the "resources" part of the path.

OK, now I see what you mean.

> Client needs to request the css via /lenya/default/live/css/style.css,
> thus the path returned by the FallbackModule is not the path to be used
> in a <link> tag.

Why do you want to use a path which is returned by the
fallback module inside a link? The fallback module supports
mapping a requested URL (which is always the same) to
different files ...

[...]

> I don't know if it is clearer now.

It is clearer, but probably not yet clear enough :)

-- Andreas

Re: Epoz integration patches pending...

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 10:25, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Now each pub can override the epoz css and screen generation. I used the
> > FallbackModule, which is quite comfortable. One problem with that module
> > might be, that one can't use it for a *client side* fallback i.e. when
> > requesting a .css file. The FallbackModule is not taking care of paths
> > like resources/css/mystyle.css. The requested URI in this case has to be
> > css/mystyle.css therefor the FallbackModule should return
> > css/mystyle.css or pub/css/mystyle.css.
>
> I'm not sure how the functionality should be changed ...
>
> The purpose of the module is to allow "publication
> polymorphism" by overriding files in a publication.
> This requires to place the file in the
>
>      /pubs/mypub/lenya
>
> directory, which is a contract in Lenya.

Yes, I saw, this is of course fine as it is.

> So the funtionality it is quite straightforward:
>
>      /foo/bar
>
> translates to
>
> a)  /pubs/mypub/lenya/foo/bar
> b)  /foo/bar
>
> What should be changed in your opinion?

I could imagine an overriding function for files requested by the client
i.e. a web browser.

With the FallbackModule I can i.e. check for resources/css/style.css,
but I can't send the path returned by the client for insertion in a html
file or so, because it must remove the "resources" part of the path.

Client needs to request the css via /lenya/default/live/css/style.css,
thus the path returned by the FallbackModule is not the path to be used
in a <link> tag. It would be cool to have an InputModule doing this work
for me. Maybe chaning the matcher's pattern would do the trick.

(The paths I specified above maybe wrong.)

I agree, that this is maybe not part of the contract of the
FallbackModule.

I don't know if it is clearer now.

> Thanks for your comments,
> -- Andreas

Rolf Kulemann

"One planet is all you get."

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
[...]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>>Unfortunately I haven't read all the emails, sorry for this (btw, please
>>don't use tabs)
>

> Hehe. How many spaces do you use instead of a tab? Two I think.

4 within Java and 2 within XML

>>Thanks
>

> Also THX a lot for the integration.

no problem. A big thank you to you

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Epoz integration patches pending...

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 10:18, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

> > Now each pub can override the epoz css and screen generation. I used the
> > FallbackModule, which is quite comfortable. One problem with that module
> > might be, that one can't use it for a *client side* fallback i.e. when
> > requesting a .css file. The FallbackModule is not taking care of paths
> > like resources/css/mystyle.css. The requested URI in this case has to be
> > css/mystyle.css therefor the FallbackModule should return
> > css/mystyle.css or pub/css/mystyle.css.
> >

> cool. Can you reimplement this into the version I have checked in.

Of course.

--
Rolf Kulemann

The United States also has its native Fascists who say that they are
"100 percent American"...
		-- U. S. Army (1945)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.