Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/03 23:12:08 UTC

Version 4.12 of Apache Flex

Hi,

A new release of Apache Flex is a few months away what JIRA issues would you like to see fixed and what new features or improvments would you like to see?

You can get an indication of progress by looking at the latest version of the release notes in GitHub.

https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/develop/RELEASE_NOTES

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Version 4.12 of Apache Flex

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.
Thanks for the heads-up Justin. I'm hoping someone can please, please, please try to fix this issue,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33846

that I'm running into with spark datagrid. I think it should effect anyone using spark datagrids with mx:DividedBox.

Posted by FlexForever <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, I already filled bug reports for both issues. Would be really great if
somebody can look into them especially as they are very easy to reproduce
and these bugs are really hindering my development.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33972
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33973

Re: Version 4.12 of Apache Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Also, implement something like removeAllListeners to a base class such as
> UIComponent
Sadly not 100% possible without Flash Player changes.

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
That's what I was referring to. So far, I've read three different use cases
for removeEventListeners and I'm adding a few more. In my case it would be
to remove handlers setup by framework code so that components that can be
added to the stage and dragged around the screen without all of their
interactions being dispatched all the time. For example, if you add a
image, button or text input to the stage and then enable drag and drop you
would also be seeing it's mouse over, out, up and down states change as you
interacted with it and have to prevent it's focus in and out events from
doing things like setting focus on sub components for text input or button
emphasis or the drawing of the focus rectangle.

If you were to track the event listeners you would also be to see what
listeners are currently added to an object for debugging purposes. This
would open up the possibly of being able to see the order they will be
dispatched in.

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks Alex.

-Mark

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi All :)

Similar mechanism to described by Alex is a part of Fabrication Framework.
"Events" in fabrication called "Reaction". Every view is managed by mediator
whitch contain methods: addReaction, removeReaction, disposeReactions and
hasReaction - such methods into some utility could be really useful.

Mark implementation of reactions you can find in FabricationMediator ->
http://bit.ly/18yfgcC
Maybe it helps you in some way.

Piotr

-----
Flex/Air developer open to new job offers and challenges.
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Version 4.12 of Apache Flex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
I wouldn't mind looking into that.  Maybe using Dictionary's/Map's to group the data better.  But I like the idea to only have it enabled exactly where it's needed.  My proof of concept code was a bit overkill to make feasibility testing easier.

More idea's for it would be great.  I did make a runonce eventlistener that worked well.  It removed itself after one run.

-Mark

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Yes, it cannot be done as fast as the player code.  And also, it is often
backwards from what you want.  The references pinning an object in memory
is not the calls to addEventListener on that object, but the
addEventListener calls that object made to other objects.  Remember:
foo.addEventListener("event", bar.eventHandler) creates a reference from
foo to bar, not the other way around.  Foo can still be garbage collected
without calling foo.removeEventListener("event", bar.eventHandler).

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1 on the skin upgrades.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 1) Update some skins to be in line with Android 4.x and iOS 7 design (e.g.
> action/title bar, tab bar etc.)
Some work been done for android 4.x skins and I intend to do some more once I have a bit of time.

> 2) Most of my problems are with displaying foreign fonts, e.g.
>  - spark textArea does not display Arabic correctly
>  - spark Label does not display Korean correctly on Android 4.3/4.4
Do these two issue have JIRA entries?

> 3) Create some additional components, e.g. Toast messages
This has been discussed before on the list you might want to and a look at that discussion and revisit.

Re: Version 4.12 of Apache Flex

Posted by mspecht <mw...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

we make heavy use of DataGrids. That why I want to vote for fixing drag and
drop handling on the spark DataGrid.
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33866)

Currently we still use Alex's proposed solution:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2011/03/spark-checkbox-datagrid-with-drag-and-drop-support.html

Thanks,
Mario

Re: Version 4.12 of Apache Flex

Posted by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com>.
Hello

      Im interested in this bug, it crashes the browser when we try to
set a background collor.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33922

thanks a lot

Thiago Maia
On 12/3/2013 2:12 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A new release of Apache Flex is a few months away what JIRA issues would you like to see fixed and what new features or improvments would you like to see?
>
> You can get an indication of progress by looking at the latest version of the release notes in GitHub.
>
> https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/develop/RELEASE_NOTES
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

---

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the work on it so far!

We're also running into problems with grids:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33934.

Many thanks,
Mihai