Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Long <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 22:58:05 UTC

Maven and Jetspeed - Modifying the Maven Build

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a question more appropriate for the Maven mailing
list or Jetspeed, but I'm posting here for now.

I'm fairly new to both Maven and Jetspeed, and I'm trying to get Dojo to
deploy with Jetspeed when I use mvn -e -P tomcat to build.  Currently the
Jetspeed folder structure looks like this:

/{jetspeed_home}

--pom.xml

--/myapplication

--/portal

with the folder myapplication being on the same level as the pom.xml file
under the jetspeed_home director.

And after I compile, I want the folder structure to look like this:

/{tomcat_home}

--/webapps

  --/jetspeed-portal

  --/myapplication

So that myapplication is deployed separately in the tomcat\webapps folder,
but with only having to do a build within Jetspeed once.  I'm hoping to do
this so that it will eliminate that extra step of downloading and installing
myapplication separately.

Does anyone know exactly how I would go about this?  I understand the
current version of Jetspeed has Dojo already integrated with it, however,
it's currently not a feasible option for us to upgrade to this version of
Jetspeed.  But to make the installation process easier, I would like to just
have all of Dojo within the Jetspeed_home directory, and when I build it I
would like for it to deploy in tomcat's webapps folder and not within the
Jetspeed folder.

Thanks,

Chris