Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Marriner, Bruce W." <Br...@red-man.com> on 2003/02/13 17:05:31 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Authentication against W2K-Server

	Yep.  There's a number of ways actually.   Personally I have not used freebsd so I'm not sure of anything specific to that platform.  (I have however used OpenBSD).  But you can setup OpenLDAP, or any other LDAP package to make ldap connections to the active directory server.  You can use mod_ldap to make those connects from within apache, you can use some combo's of samba/pam modules for apache that will do the trick again.  You can use NTLM auth, very handy for an intranet.  It will actually parse the data from their browser as to their username/password/domain and you can check that data with your ldap connection.. Seamless connection, they never even know it happens.

	You can find a whole bunch on those topics if you search for them.  I know all that is really general info, but if you like one idea or want more on it I'll gladly explain all I know.  I've studyed up on this a bit laitly myself for a project.

Posted by Laurent Blume <la...@infores.com>.
Marriner, Bruce W. wrote:
> trick again.  You can use NTLM auth, very handy for an intranet.  It
> will actually parse the data from their browser as to their
> username/password/domain and you can check that data with your ldap
> connection.. Seamless connection, they never even know it happens.

Could you post some more details about how to make it seamless ? Would
that mean using the same Windows domain auth that was used by the user
to log on the computer ?
I'd be very interested in that, but I didn't believe it was possible.

Laurent
--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com
   4, rue André Derain          mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com