Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Belousov Maksim Eduardovich <m....@tinkoff.ru> on 2018/01/30 10:32:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Large teams: guidelines for note folders and permissions

Hello users!

Apache Zeppelin is very good for collaborative work. The users may easy create and share notes.
Imagine that 50 analysts work in Zeppelin every day and each analyst creates new note every week.
Thus there will be the thousands of notes over few months and it would be nice to organize them.

The second issue, in large team there are a lot of groups and some notes must be private or only run.
Therefore it's to be good to have simple rules for note permissions.
Now we have public/private workspace[1], I believe it is insufficient.

It's very interested the experience of Twitter. They had over 600 users [2]
Share your experience of folder structure and note permissions in large team.

1. http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/setup/security/notebook_authorization.html#separate-notebook-workspaces-public-vs-private
2. https://medium.com/@prasadwagle/zeppelin-at-twitter-d2c800b7b01

Regards,

Maksim Belousov