Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2020/08/01 00:28:04 UTC

asf-site-old-builds

Any concerns or objections to dropping the asf-site-old-builds branch
from the accumulo-website repo?
I temporarily kept it around after I updated us to use the automated
site staging features of .asf.yaml, "just in case", but never had any
real justification to keep it.

Here's some points in favor of dropping:

* It contains nothing that can't be regenerated from the markdown,
whose history we still keep
* We never preserved an extra copy of the generated site HTML when we
were using CMS, so I don't think we need to keep a copy of this
* I discussed this with @fluxo in Slack #asfinfra, and they described
the generated content as "disposable" from INFRA perspective, and I
agree
* Since it doesn't have history in common with any other branch,
keeping it around makes the git repo larger than necessary, and more
time to do a new git clone
* Reducing the number of git branches makes it easier to know where to
contribute
* Mostly, we just don't need it for any purpose

Points against dropping:

... I can't think of any ....

Regards,

Christopher

Re: asf-site-old-builds

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Yeah, that's my thought, too. I'll go ahead and remove it.

Re: asf-site-old-builds

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.