Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Satish Abburi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/06 01:55:23 UTC

Ambari/Puppet

Hi, where can i get more insight on this. Do we need to install Puppet
before installing Ambari?
I see some references as Ambari uses Puppet agent...

Thanks for your help!

Satish

Re: Ambari/Puppet

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Satish,

You can take a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Design which has a design doc attached.

To answer your question, the ambari agent ( python based ) running on the node invokes puppet apply on a generated site.pp ( i.e. puppet is used in standalone mode ). There are plans to start looking at making it easy to add other components to the currently supported stack. If you have any particular requirements that you are trying to address, as a start, filing a jira with more details would help.

thanks
-- Hitesh

Re: Ambari/Puppet

Posted by Satish Abburi <sa...@gmail.com>.