Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Guanzhong Wang <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 14:58:19 UTC

Apache Joshua Question

Dear Joshua Development Team
I am a web developer working in DC area now. In recent years I am very
interested in the knowledge of nlp, I noticed that you just released the
apache joshua REST API doc on website. Recently I'm trying to integrate
joshua to my java based web service, but didn't get any progress. I have no
idea how to pass args to joshua, cause I can't find any joshua java API or
lib. I see joshua can run a script to bring up a http server, but instead
of it do you think I can integrate it to my own http server? Any Idea?

Thanks.

Re: Apache Joshua Question

Posted by Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu>.
Hi Guanzhong,

I suggest you look at the demo that is included with Joshua. That contains sample Javascript code that shows how to connect to a RESTful instance of Joshua. See the README file in this directory:

	https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/tree/master/demo <https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/tree/master/demo>

as well as the HTML / JS at

	https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/blob/master/demo/index.html <https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/blob/master/demo/index.html>
	https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/blob/master/demo/demo.js <https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/blob/master/demo/demo.js>

The page for the RESTful server should also be of some help (I assume you have seen this):

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/RESTful+API?src=contextnavpagetreemode <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/RESTful+API?src=contextnavpagetreemode>

Sincerely,
Matt Post