Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Erik Romson <er...@zenior.no> on 2006/05/31 11:58:06 UTC

having different configurated antrun plugins for multiple projects

I have been sitting and banging my head against the screen for a  while
now and my face is a mess, I'm in a grumpy mood. Please help me!!

I have a fairly simple setup

parent
        - child1
        - child2
        - child3
    etc

I have ported it from maven1 where some projects has xdoclet generation
and some has jasper compilation (or both). Everything relies on ant I
thought I should be able to avoid to write plugins.

What I want to do is to declare the antrun plugin (and tasks) once and
therefore put it in the parent.pom. Then I would like to say for which
projects I want to use the tasks in the plugin
.
I have tried to do following:

- declare in pluginmanagement: this pulls in the whole plugin with both
tasks. This is correct according to docs but it would be nice to define
the inherit on execution/id NOT on the actual plugin name. That is
because I can only define the plugin once.

- declare under plugins and setting inherited all over the place, both
in the parent and child pom. The element inherited do not seem to have
any functionality whatsoever. A search of " inherited " on the source
files yields hits on ModelReportPlugin. Is it used at all? If so HOW.
The documentation is very scarce on this.

- tried to override the definition in the childplugin, but the result is
merged.

- declare as profile: This does not work except if I write
-Dxdoc_profile=y (or whatever I use to activate it). I wanted to add the
activation property it to the property-section in the child pom but it
is ignored This seems to be because the profile in the parent pom eiter
is evaluated before the child pom or because the system property needs
to be set, not a pom property.

I understand that there is a xdoclet plugin but I cant get it to work, I
could write a jasperplugin as well but it would be nice to do this when
you port a project, due to the fact that the original goals has a lot of
ant in them.

I have some other ant tasks I need to port as well but I haven't even
gotten there yet.

Now I have to copy paste the plugin definition to all projects and that
is really, bad.

Regards
Erik