Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Ruppin <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/20 20:16:56 UTC

error bean properties

I'm interested in using logic tags to react
differently to different errors.  In an effort to
determine what properties of the error bean I could
use in my logic, I tried (Note this behaved as
expected, without the property attribute):

  <bean:write name="error" property="key"/>

Which causes a stack trace claiming:

  javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for
property key of bean error

I see that ActionError extends ActionMessage, and that
ActionMessage has a getKey() method.  Is the error
bean not an ActionError?  How do I determine what
properties are available for the error bean?