Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2014/03/14 19:41:00 UTC

[REQUEST] Help to transfer the content from moin moin wiki to cwiki

Hi all,

I am sure you already hear, that we have a new Wiki "Space" for CouchDB.
It's a Atlassian Confluence and I will call it "cwiki". Thanks to Noah for
doing the first steps here. You can find the new wiki at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/CouchDB+Home

We already discussed the structure within the marketing team. Alex finally
wrote the structure down and I think what we have now is a good starting
point. Now your help is needed. The following list is a general guide for
the process to transfer the content from the old "Moin Moin" wiki at
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FrontPage to the new cwiki.

* register at cwiki
* write to dev@ or ask a mod at IRC to be added to the CouchDB Space - this
is a required step
* take a page from the old wiki
* read it carefully and optimise the content
* find the best place where to add the content in cwiki - if needed, add a
new page
* insert the content into the new page at cwiki
* blank out the content in the old wiki and set a link to the new home with
the following info:

"This page has been moved to the new wiki. Please refer to [ADD_NEW_URL]"

And you're done.

The user guide for cwiki can be found at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Confluence+User%27s+Guide

The most important thing to know is

{code}
your code here
{code}

If you start typing "{co" a popup will open and you can choose "Code block"
(http://screencast.com/t/ZqGsccyMS)

About the content
irc.

If you have any questions - please ask.

I hope we can find a lot of people to start this big task. Are you willing
to help?

Thanks a lot!

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [REQUEST] Help to transfer the content from moin moin wiki to cwiki

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

I would like to bring back into mind, that we still have this task open.
The move from the old wiki to the new wiki is indeed not the most
interesting job, but it's unfortunate to have two places with information.

Please help us with the wiki transfer. I have posted easy instructions that
should help you get the job done at the beginning of this thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with me.

Thank you!

Cheers

Andy

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: [REQUEST] Help to transfer the content from moin moin wiki to cwiki

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: [REQUEST] Help to transfer the content from moin moin wiki to cwiki

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: [REQUEST] Help to transfer the content from moin moin wiki to cwiki

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.