Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by COCHE Sébastien <SC...@sigma.fr> on 2013/03/25 11:55:05 UTC

plateforme capacity calculation...

Hello all,

I am very surprise about resources capacity calculation in CS 4.0.0.

It seems that CloudStack doesn't care about free resources provided by hypervisor plateform.

For example, on my platform, I have 2 Vmware hypervisors, 10% used and CloudStack show only 10% resources free. So it lock every new VM creation.

The same thing happen on the storage side, based on NetApp (NFS). NFS DataStore (dedup on) show only 20% storage consumption when CloudStack told 95%.

What is wrong ?

Did I miss something ?

Is there a configuration to bypass this issue ?

What about CloudStack next release ?

Regards

Sébastien Coché, Architecte Infrastructure
Direction Veille & Méthodes

(+33) 2.53.48.92.57 - poste : 92.57

(+33) 6.22.25.03.74

SIGMA Informatique - http://www.sigma.fr/ <http://www.sigma.fr/>