Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by appi03 <ar...@sparta.com> on 2007/10/23 23:03:26 UTC

Persistence Adapter

hello folks,

I need help getting the persistence adapter working. Here is my
configuration:

box 1: runs an embedded broker and a client on the box connects to it.
(Producer: deliverymode::persistent, broker configuration: persistent=false)
box 2: runs an embedded broker and a client on the box connects to it.
(Consumer: durable consumer topic, broker configuration: persistent=true)

both brokers connect to each other. i only make the consumer side broker
persistent. I am not sure if that is how it should be. Please advise on that
matter.

I want to set up the delivery mode to be persistent. Now, what does that
mean? does it mean that all the messages will be saved regardless of the
acknowledgment?

I am not sure how to set up the persistence adapter either? any help would
be appreciated. currently, I have the default JDBC persistent adapter. Right
now I think the persistence is working because when i bring up the consumer
to an active state from an inactive state, it receives previously missed
messages. But there is one problem. After consuming some number of messages.
the connection gets lost. It seems like the space is filled up. If so, how
can I increase it or over write it?

Thanks in advance.