Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2011/09/08 00:04:52 UTC

[VOTE] Avro release 1.5.4 (rc 0)

I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.5.4.

This contains just two changes from 1.5.3:

    AVRO-866. Python: Add support for snappy compression codec.
    (Tom White via cutting)

    AVRO-884. Java: Fix a regression in RPC so that one-way messages
    fail when the transciever cannot connect. (Tom White via cutting)

Please download, test, and vote.

  http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.5.4-rc0/

The Maven staging repository is at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-044/

Thanks in advance for voting!

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.4 (rc 0)

Posted by Matt Massie <ma...@cloudera.com>.
+1

All unit tests pass and signatures correct for avro-c.
--
Matt

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.4 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.4 (rc 0)

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1

I have run the Java unit tests.  They passed.

Philip

(And, we'll see if third time is the charm for getting past Apache's spam
filtering.)

[RESULT] [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.4 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
This passes, with 3 +1 votes from PMC members and no -1 votes.

I'll start publishing the release.