Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Pascal Maugeri <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 23:14:08 UTC

How to configure DB URL for xindice command tool ?

Hi

I have a very basic question on how to configure this command line
tool "\bin\xindice":

xindice DB is deployed under jetty server and available under the URL
http://localhost:8080/xindice-1.1/?/db

how can I configure the xindice command line to point to this URL ?

When trying
    xindice add_collection -c /db/ -n products
I get the following result:
    trying to register database
    XMLDB Exception 0: Cannot communicate with the server:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/xin
dice/

Thanks in advance
Pascal

Re: How to configure DB URL for xindice command tool ?

Posted by Pascal Maugeri <pa...@gmail.com>.
It does work.
Thank you Andre and Vadim for your help and prompt response.

Regards,
Pascal

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.
Pascal Maugeri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a very basic question on how to configure this command line
> tool "\bin\xindice":
>
> xindice DB is deployed under jetty server and available under the URL
> http://localhost:8080/xindice-1.1/?/db
>
> how can I configure the xindice command line to point to this URL ?
>
> When trying
>     xindice add_collection -c /db/ -n products

Use xindice add_collection -c xmldb:xindice://localhost:8888/db/ -n products

--
Andre H. Juffer              | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
The Biocenter and            | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/