Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/18 05:53:37 UTC

MyFaces dialog framework

Hello,

  Can anyone please recommend a dialog framework for MyFaces? In a JSF page, when a user click a button, open a dialog window to let user select a item from a tree. After the user makes a choice, then the dialog window closes, and the main window shows the choice the user just selected.

  Thanks,
  Dave

Re: MyFaces dialog framework

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
t:popup may work for you.

For a more robust solution, jenia4faces [1] works just fine and is a
very good dialog. I recommend their popupFrame but not their popupBox.
The popup box saves the contents to the web page inside of a
JavaScript string that causes all sorts of escaping problems as the
author doesn't seem to attempt to validate the contents. The popup
frame uses an IFRAME.

I use it with no issues with MyFaces 1.1.4 and server side state saving.

-Andrew

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Is Shell working well with MyFaces?
  I looked at the its web pages, but I could not find Shell demo or examples.

  Thanks
  Dave

Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

  On 10/17/06, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:  Like that ?

http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/inputListOfValues.jspx

if so, go with Trinidad

incubator.apache.org/adffaces
Or, if you want to look at an alternative that doesn't tie you to any specific component library, take a look at the dialog manager support in Shale:

  http://shale.apache.org/

Note that there are a bunch of recent enhancements that have recently been imported into the Shale mainline trunk, and it's not completely documented yet, but the use case you describe was a primary feature to implement.  In particular, Shale allows you to associate a child dialog with a parent dialog, so that you can easily do the required synchronization between states of the child dialog (doing the searching to find the right data) and the parent dialog (using the result of the search).

  -M
Craig

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: MyFaces dialog framework

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I tried the Trinidad dialog demo,

  Everytime when I open a dialog,  a message pops up, saying that a Pop up blocker is detected, asking me to disable it.  Apparently end users will get confused. Is there a way to go around this, go around pop up blocker? Simply open up a normal window for dialog?

  Thanks
  Dave

Re: MyFaces dialog framework

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.