Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Tc...@cs.com on 2000/05/19 13:51:31 UTC

granularity of log & verbose output

A small suggestion.  Currently, verbose mode is a global setting.  There me
be situations where a specific task only requires details.

Perhaps each task could have a 'logLevel' or just verbose flag.

Re: granularity of log & verbose output

Posted by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>.
I've found it's usually easier to just insert
a shell, awk, or perl script filter between
the output and your log, so that you get just
what you want. Everyone wants something different,
so I figure the burden to customize is at the user
end...