Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Craig Greenhalgh <cr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk> on 2010/11/11 16:29:23 UTC

James as a service M1

Hi I have got James running as service on windows fine, I now need to do
this on my production box which is running Ubuntu

I has created by .sh file in init.d which calls "james start" from the
bin directory.  However this fails.

If I run the command  "bash james start" i get the following...

Starting Apache James Server Container Spring...
james: line 421:
/home/notroot/troubleticket/james-server-container-spring-3.0-M1/bin/./wrapper-linux-x86-32:
No such file or directory
root@s15367152:/home/notroot/troubleticket/james-server-container-spring-3.0-M1/bin#

A couple of things confuse me here, why  cant it find the file, it does
exist and also I'm running a 64 bit os, why is it trying to select the
32 wrapper?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Craig