Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jukka Raanamo <jr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/01/18 14:27:10 UTC

Tomcat+Apache HOWTO

Dear Developement Team,

Couple of comments and questions regarding the HOWTO
document and installation problems:

HOWTO:

Document tells to install Tomcat from location :
...builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/<os>/<platform> from
where I can only find already compiled mod_jserv.so.
Ofcourse this is not so dangerous but now I just cant
be sure if I have the right Tomcat release (since I
took the 2 source zip files) ??

INSTALLATION

I don't seem to be able to access servlet stuff from
the examples unless I manually start Tomcat from its
build directory. Is this ment to be or should
mod_jserv start it for me as was the case with the old
JServ.

Environment:

Linux, RedHat 6.1
Apache 1.3.9 (configured with: --enabled-module=so)

Thanks and Regards,

Jukka Raanamo

http://im.yahoo.com