Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ann Jose <An...@lntinfotech.com> on 2004/02/19 05:58:02 UTC

Testcases for Cocoon Components

Hi

I am new to cocoon and  am trying to write Testcases for Cocoon framework
and came across the  AbstractCompositeTestcase.java
which extends ExcaliburTestCase. But  it is mentioned that ECM is
deprecated.Now i am confused as to how to proceed ahead.

Can anybody help me with how to go about writing Testcases to test
pipelines  and  action classes in Cocoon.

Ann Jose

Re: Testcases for Cocoon Components

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Ann Jose wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to cocoon and  am trying to write Testcases for Cocoon
> framework and came across the  AbstractCompositeTestcase.java
> which extends ExcaliburTestCase. But  it is mentioned that ECM is
> deprecated.Now i am confused as to how to proceed ahead.
>
> Can anybody help me with how to go about writing Testcases to test
> pipelines  and  action classes in Cocoon.

In 2.1.4 you have a choice of AbstractCompositeTestcase or
SitemapComponentTestCase. But will do the job.

Yes, ECM is deprecated, but Cocoon is still heavily built around it.
Cocoon 2.2 is being converted to Fortress, which removes this ECM
dependency, but it will be some time before we are free of ECM.
Therefore, for the forseeable future, ECM is what we are working with.

Regards, Upayavira