Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Harshit Kapoor <hk...@ciber.com> on 2009/02/26 07:27:55 UTC

Issue in Assign activity, if an attribute is from different namespace to container

I receive following XML as input:

<ns1:A xmlns:ns1="www.a.com" xmlns:ns2="www.b.com" xmlns:ns3="www.c.com">

            <ns1:B>.</ns1:B>

            .

            <ns2:L ns3:att1='xxx'>.</ns2:L>

            .

            <ns2:P>

                        <ns3:Q ns3:att1='yyy'> . <ns3:Q>

            <ns2:P>

</ns1:A>

When I use Assign activity (code below)

<bpel:assign validate="no" name="Assign">

<bpel:copy>

            <bpel:from part="payload" variable="input"></bpel:from>

            <bpel:to part="inMSG" variable="XYZServiceRequest"></bpel:to>

</bpel:copy>

</bpel:assign>

to create request for a service invocation it changes the namespace of
L/@att1 and following message is sent to the service.

<A xmlns="www.a.com">

            <B>.</B>

            .

            <L xmlns="www.b.com"  att1='xxx'>.</ns2:L>

            .

            <P ="www.b.com">>

                        <Q xmlns="www.c.com"  xmlns:axis2ns76="www.c.com"
axis2ns76:att1='yyy'> . <Q>

            <P>

</A>

The source and destination of copy are exactly of same type and namespace.

Please note the change in namespace happens when attribute is of different
namespace from it container element and

does not happen when attribute is of same namespace as container element (in
case of Q/att1 it works fine)

-Harshit

Re: Issue in Assign activity, if an attribute is from different namespace to container

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harshit,

Which version of ODE are you using? I remember fixing a few of those some
time ago but the code hasn't been released yet. If you're using 1.2 I'd
recommend upgrading to a more recent build.

Cheers,
Matthieu