Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Xianqing <he...@126.com> on 2021/07/31 09:16:57 UTC

Untracked memory is huge like memory leak

Hi all,
An abnormal connection to port 21050 may cause a large untracked memory.
The reason is that the Thrift protocol parses messages sent by abnormal connections as strings, allocating a huge amount of memory to store them.
I think we need set the TBinaryProtocol string size limit to prevents large memory allocations, for example, set the default size to 1G. Because it is difficult to find the reason when it occurs.

Details description in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-10474

Thanks!
| |
Xianqing

hexianqing312@126.com

Re: Untracked memory is huge like memory leak

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ti...@gmail.com>.
Nice catch! This definitely seems like an issue we should fix.