Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Boyer <Da...@bvu.edu> on 2004/11/17 18:48:51 UTC

Q: valve versus filter

We're using IIS 6 with the JK2 ISAPI filter (Tomcat 5.0.28).

I have several filters that I'm using on almost every context in
production: an authentication filter, an access-control filter, and a
compression filter. I'd be interested in implementing these things at a
more global level rather than on a per-context level.

Would valves be the way to do this? I recognize that valves come into
the picture at an earlier point in the chain. I'd be interested in
hearing how other people might approach filters that are being applied
on all contexts.

Thanks!

Re: valve versus filter